After a lot of backlash and criticism people got to know what the Khans of Bollywood did to help the Government in such crucial time.
It all started when Khiladi Kumar, Akshay Kumar, donated Rs. 25 crores to the PM’s Relief Fund. After that the Chairman of the TATA group, Mr. Ratan Tata, donated Rs 1500 crores for the same cause. Tata Sons and its controlling shareholder, Tata Trusts, committed a support of Rs 1,000 crore and Rs 500 crore, respectively, to “protect and empower all affected communities”. It was the same time when Relience Group made a lot of efforts and offered help for the same.
But people were more curious to know where the Khans of Bollywood are and what are their plans to help the Government.
Shah Rukh Khan– The DDLJ superstar on Thursday announced various initiatives to help the Government during the crisis.
- Red Chillies Entertainment, the film banner of Shah Rukh and Gauri will also make donations to Maharashtra CM’s Relief Fund.
- While his IPL team KKR and Khan’s NGO, Meer Foundation, will supply 50,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Maharashtra and West Bengal governments for healthcare professionals.
- In association with the Roti Foundation, Meer Foundation will also provide 3 lakhs meal kits to 10,000 underprivileged and daily wage workers on daily basis in Mumbai.
- Meer Foundation in association with Ek Saath- The Earth organization, will provide food to 5500 families daily in Mumbai.
- Now, the actor and his wife recently offered their office as a quarantine facility for treating Covid-19 patients.
“We thank @iamsrk & @gaurikhan for offering their 4-storey personal office space to help expand our Quarantine capacity equipped with essentials for quarantined children, women & elderly. Indeed, a thoughtful & timely gesture,” BMC’s said in a post on its official Twitter handle.