Panchayat on amazon prime video, is a comedy-drama capturing the real-life beauty of demanding lifestyle of the Indian Villages. Abhishek, an engineering graduate, joins as the secretary of a Panchayat office in a remote village of Ballia, Uttar Pradesh. The sole motive of Abhishek is to leave his job as early as possible. And for this he even starts preparing for CAT.
Characters of the Series:
The 8-episodes web-series created by tvf, features:
- Jitendra Kumar as Abhishek Tripathi (Gram Sachiv), the main lead of the story. The part has been played with simplicity and could have been performed better.
- Neena Gupta plays Manju Devi (Pradhan), an important role which has been portrayed with such fine perfection leaving the audience stunned. No one will believe that she is the glamourous Neena Gupta from the 90s.
- While Brij Bhushan Dubey(Pradhan Pati) played by Raghuvir Yadav steals the show. The NSD star is as stunning and honest with his role as if he was really elected the Gram-Pradhan of his village.
- Faisal Malik in the role of Prahlad Pandey (Deputy Pradhan) portrays the role so well that the audience is be convinced that local Netas from village looks and behaves like him only.
- But the charm of Panchayat and the most loveable character is Vikas (Gram Sahayak) played by Chandan Roy. This guy with such honesty on his face while playing the character has proved that if you are true to your art, your art will make you visibly-stand in front of great talents like Raghuvir Yadav and Neena Gupta.
Having roots in a village nearby Allahabad, now Prayagraj, regular visits to the village and listening to all the stories from my father and my uncles; I could say that writer Chandan Kumar has structured the story so well that it covers all the important values, difficulties, rawness of the villages while director Deepak Kumar Mishra has done total justice with the story and characters.
MBANEWS would give 9.2/10 for Panchayat’s funny as well as emotional journey.
The overall rating of the series on imdb.com is 8.9/10. While the audiences have given Panchayat a big thumps-up with an average rating of 4.8/5.